Podcast In the Works?

A friend of mine is completely obsessed with My Brother, My Brother, and Me, “an advicecast for the modern era featuring three real-life brothers: Justin, Travis and Griffin McElroy.”  I’ve listened to a few episodes, mostly because she plays them while we LAN-party World of Warcraft, and I find them mostly funny.  Actually, Troutfang got her name from their 33rd episode, “Bramblepelt” (which you should listen to right now).

Photo by vancouverfilmschool

I’m not unfamiliar with podcasts in general.  A few years ago, I used to listen with some regularity to Mur Lafferty’s “I Should Be Writing” and a popular WoW one, but since my iPod(s) died miserably, I’ve stopped.  I used to listen to them while I walked around or in between classes.  Maybe I will check out what it costs to get a new, small one.  Or find my iTouch.  Probably better to do the latter.

Anyway, the point is that I’ve some exposure to podcasting, and always thought about doing one, myself.  On what?  I’m not sure.  I suppose I would talk about writing, video games, books–subjects I know–but the key is discovering how to make them interesting to other people.

Frankly, I think an hour’s worth of chat is too long; I find that I tire of listening to the chatter, particularly when it strays from the subject (which MBMBaM often does).  Tangents are unavoidable when working with other people, but I would definitely want to curb them.

I’m working with my friend, Mittens, and Shannon (of Ludo Ergo Sum), so perhaps this idea will finally come to fruition!

2 Responses to “Podcast In the Works?”

1. Mittens Says:

I think between you, Shannon, and I we can come up with a pretty rockin’ idea. I’ll try not to use the phrase “rockin'” in our podcast, though.

I wonder how, exactly, one goes about getting a podcast started?

2. leelzebub Says:

Google shall answer that!!

Probably the easiest way would be to mess with Audacity.