Two More Bullet Articles In the Works (And One Editorial)

For my Newsgathering class, I am working with a group of my classmates on computer abuse at UMW.  Five people are involved for this, so it will hopefully be well-written and well-researched, which is always fulfilling.

It’s been interesting to be the group leader.  For one thing, I still don’t view myself as having a leader-like personality.  On the other hand, I certainly don’t tolerate being under poor management, myself.  Yet I find myself in these positions more and more frequently.  But I’m coming to terms with the fact that I’d rather be a leader than a follower, due to simple obstinance, so I might as well get used to it.

The other article I’m working on is an individual pursuit.  Our own Dr. Claudia Emerson is being inducted into the Fellowship of Southern Writers, and I offered to take the job of writing about it.  Getting interviews done under such time constraints is terribly difficult (I accepted the lead on Tuesday, and I have classes, homework, and work, mind you).

What on earth is driving me to take on these extra tasks?  Well, getting my name in print is a rush every time, of course, but more heady is the sense of power I feel through journalism.  I’m allowed to ask pressing and pertinent questions to people in positions of power.  When I publish a piece, readers know they can trust me to have gotten the facts.  Trust is an amazing thing to have in this day of skepticism and cynics.

So, be on the lookout for more from me in the newspaper, I hope!

One Response to “Two More Bullet Articles In the Works (And One Editorial)”

1. FrancineHIGGINS19 Says:

Cars and houses are not very cheap and not everybody can buy it. But, mortgage loans was invented to aid people in such kind of cases.